STRONGHEART

Posted on May 6, 2018

This is the U.S. title of the third novel of the One Thousand White Women trilogy. Many readers both in the U.S. and France have asked me in emails and posts on this website when it will be published. That is always a hard, maybe impossible question for authors to answer when the actual writing of a book is still in progress. All I can say for certain is that it won’t be 20 years as in the case of The Vengeance of Mothers. Between the delivery of the first draft of the manuscript, the editing process, and the myriad other in-house preparations required by the publisher to print, promote and launch a book, the process can take up to one year in America, though usually only several months in France. I’m shooting for publication in late 2019… but then again, what do I know?

13 Responses to STRONGHEART

Cindy Votruba says: May 15, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Excited to see you have a title for the third book! As much as me and my book club are looking forward to it, we’ll wait patiently (so many books to read, so little time to read them). Thanks for the update.

Mary Lynn Schindel says: June 5, 2018 at 1:38 pm

I just bought a copy of 1000 White Women at a rummage sale at my church. I couldn’t put it down! I was so sad to finish it, so I came to this web site to learn more about Jim Fergus. I am thrilled to find that this book is the first in a trilogy. I’m going to order The Vengeance of Mothers as soon as I navigate this web site!! Love, love, love the way you write, Mr. Fergus.

Jim Fergus says: July 3, 2018 at 6:48 am

That’s very kind of you Mary Lynn, and I hope you also enjoyed The Vengeance of Mothers. Stay tuned for the third book of the trilogy.

Pam Abernathy says: June 16, 2018 at 9:33 am

I am new to your writing, and already a huge admirer. Anticipating Strongheart, whenever it is published.

Jim Fergus says: July 3, 2018 at 6:49 am

Hi Pam, I always enjoy hearing from new readers, especially satisfied ones. Many thanks for taking the time to post your message.

Jan says: July 2, 2018 at 12:53 am

Oh my … I’m so happy to know you aren’t leaving us hanging. I have absolutely loved these 2 books and can’t wait for more. I’m so looking forward to this next chapter. Thank you for all the unforgettable characters!

Jim Fergus says: July 3, 2018 at 6:51 am

Hello Jan…no, I will not leave you hanging. The next chapter is underway. Thank you for your kind words.

Beth Colvin says: July 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Mr Fergus your books are amazing! And I just finished The Vengeance of Mothers tonight! And Am thrilled to find its a trilogy! Can’t wait! Thank you!

Jim Fergus says: July 4, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Hello Beth. Thank you! I’m very pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed the first two novels of the trilogy. The third is not too far away.
I appreciate that you took the time to post on my blog. Jim

Joan churchill says: July 16, 2018 at 9:46 am

Hi Jim
Just wanted u to know that our book club loved the first two books of the trilogy and can’t wait for the third. You have such a great gift for writing. Keep it up. A satisfied fan.

Jim Fergus says: July 16, 2018 at 10:09 am

Hi Joan,
Thanks so much for letting me know that. Perhaps because the process of writing novels is such a solitary, internal process, it is sometimes hard for writers even to imagine that anyone reads their books, let alone appreciates them. So it’s always gratifying to hear. Thank you!

Carol Morgan says: July 16, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Hi Jim,
This is Lea’s Friend, Carol Morgan. I have just devoured Vengance and can’t wait for Strongheart!!
Hope all is well. Au revoir