Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/26/d500582268/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/qtranslate-x/qtranslate_frontend.php on line 497

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in /homepages/26/d500582268/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
9 Exuberant Historical Novels About The 20th Century - Jim Fergus

14 Responses to 9 Exuberant Historical Novels About The 20th Century

diane watson says: April 8, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I have just finished reading one thousand white women. What a wonderful, wonderful book I lived the story. I was may Dodd. i lived her life. Enthralling. This book will live with me forever.

Jim Fergus says: May 4, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Hello Diane,
I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the book, and many thanks for letting me know.

Margaret Rose Allen Anciola says: December 13, 2020 at 4:55 pm

I loved loved ONE THOUSAND WHITE WOMEN, thankyou so much. I was transported, I lived it deeply.

At the time I ordered CHRYSIS, but didn’t start it ‘til years later: now. Now I’m there. Fortunately I read French, alors MERCI BIEN with all my heart.

These books ought to be read world-wide. Your books are definitely a blessed gift.

Jim Fergus says: January 12, 2021 at 10:13 am

Hello Margaret, thank you so much for your kind words. Of course, it is always extremely gratifying for an author to receive an enthusiastic response from a reader.
As to CHRYSIS, I should tell you that I have also published an American edition, entitled: THE MEMORY OF LOVE. It has been reedited, and may be slightly different then the French translation. I’ve always believed that it’s best to read a novel in the original language.
Regarding film prospects, we have a new producer who has optioned the rights to OTWW, and it is currently under development as a series, which I think is a good way to tell the story. I have high hopes that perhaps this time it will actually get made.
Again, I express my deepest appreciation to you for taking the time to write me.

Jerry Bowman says: July 19, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Mr. Fergus…
I was introduced to your book, Marie Blanche, by our French friends. We were discussing Janny Scott’s book, Beneficiary. They said, if you can find an English translation of Marie Blanche, this author speaks with equal regard of personal and exquisite prose. as I see from your website, you have not published in the US. Do you have access to an English translation for purchase?
Thank you in advance.

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 10:24 am

Hi Jerry, as we discussed by email, I don’t yet have an English edition of Marie Blanche, but I haven’t completely given up hope!
I will keep you posted.

Rosemarie Pesch says: July 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm

You continue to amaze me with your insight into the female character! The fire and subtlety of human relationships does not escape your finesse with words, nor get in the way of your historic story telling.
Thank you for your books.

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 10:28 am

Hello Rosemarie,
Thank you for such a lovely post. I’m delighted that you enjoy my books, and I really appreciate that you took the time to let me know.

Laurence G says: August 2, 2020 at 6:21 am

Hello Jim.
Thank you !
Je sors à l’instant de l’aventure de “Mille femmes blanches” et l’émotion m’a tant envahie que je pleure. Merci Merci Merci ! … pour vos belles histoire, cette façon de raconter, l’univers dans lesquels vous nous entraînez…
Bref Merci

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 11:29 am

Salut Laurence,
C’est moi qui vous remercie. Merci d’être une lectrice enthousiaste ! Je vous encourage à lire la suite, La vengeance des mères. Et le troisième tome de la trilogie, qui sortira en édition poche en septembre.
Bien à vous,

Laurent says: September 23, 2020 at 10:07 am

Hi Jim,
I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy. I followed up on the history of Amazons by reading Adrienne Mayor’s book on the life of warrior women. An excellent insight into the role of women in those societies. It’s high time we look up to women feats and have more women leaders. I am sure the world will be a better place.

Jim Fergus says: October 12, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Hi Laurent,
Many thanks for your post. Sorry to be slow responding. I’m afraid I’m a little neglectful of my blog. I’m totally with you on the idea of more women leaders. Given that they represent over 50% of our population, it is long past time for them to have the same rights, representation, and opportunities as men. Which is not to say that just because of their sex, they will necessarily do a better job of running the world, although, I, too, believe it would be a better place. And let’s face it, they could hardly do a worse job. I say it’s their turn to take the reins. In American politics, for instance, it is definitely time for the old white guys to step aside, a movement long overdue. I’m glad, too, that you appreciated Adrienne Mayor’s fascinating book. Thanks again for getting it touch.

Deena Segal says: March 5, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Hello Jim,

I just finished reading “One Thousand White Women – The Journals of May Dodd”, enjoyed it and learned about the ‘everyday lives of our native Indians.Your writing style make this story so real! Mary’s journals remind me of “The Diary of Anne Frank – daily entries and hopes for the future, albeit in Mary’s writings,she knew in her final entry that her ending was fatal. Also, you added many other additions from Mary’s friends, again, seeming so real. I’m glad I read every page. i look forward to reading your other books and wish you continual success,

Jim Fergus says: May 20, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Hello Deena,

Many thanks for letting me know that you were moved by OTWW. The Diary of Anne Frank is a very high bar, and as it is a true story, I would not dare to compare my novel to that tragic young woman’s work. What a great loss to humanity that she did not survive, as she would have continued to be a great author. I’m a mediocre storyteller in comparison, and I still weep for that child.
I do very much appreciate your kind words.