9 Responses to 9 Exuberant Historical Novels About The 20th Century

diane watson says: April 8, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I have just finished reading one thousand white women. What a wonderful, wonderful book I lived the story. I was may Dodd. i lived her life. Enthralling. This book will live with me forever.

Jim Fergus says: May 4, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Hello Diane,
I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed the book, and many thanks for letting me know.

Jerry Bowman says: July 19, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Mr. Fergus…
I was introduced to your book, Marie Blanche, by our French friends. We were discussing Janny Scott’s book, Beneficiary. They said, if you can find an English translation of Marie Blanche, this author speaks with equal regard of personal and exquisite prose. as I see from your website, you have not published in the US. Do you have access to an English translation for purchase?
Thank you in advance.

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 10:24 am

Hi Jerry, as we discussed by email, I don’t yet have an English edition of Marie Blanche, but I haven’t completely given up hope!
I will keep you posted.

Rosemarie Pesch says: July 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm

You continue to amaze me with your insight into the female character! The fire and subtlety of human relationships does not escape your finesse with words, nor get in the way of your historic story telling.
Thank you for your books.

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 10:28 am

Hello Rosemarie,
Thank you for such a lovely post. I’m delighted that you enjoy my books, and I really appreciate that you took the time to let me know.

Laurence G says: August 2, 2020 at 6:21 am

Hello Jim.
Thank you !
Je sors à l’instant de l’aventure de “Mille femmes blanches” et l’émotion m’a tant envahie que je pleure. Merci Merci Merci ! … pour vos belles histoire, cette façon de raconter, l’univers dans lesquels vous nous entraînez…
Bref Merci

Jim Fergus says: August 8, 2020 at 11:29 am

Salut Laurence,
C’est moi qui vous remercie. Merci d’être une lectrice enthousiaste ! Je vous encourage à lire la suite, La vengeance des mères. Et le troisième tome de la trilogie, qui sortira en édition poche en septembre.
Bien à vous,

Laurent says: September 23, 2020 at 10:07 am

Hi Jim,
I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy. I followed up on the history of Amazons by reading Adrienne Mayor’s book on the life of warrior women. An excellent insight into the role of women in those societies. It’s high time we look up to women feats and have more women leaders. I am sure the world will be a better place.