TATTERED COVER BOOK EVENT RESCHEDULED

Posted on December 31, 2013

I’m delighted to announce that my signing/reading at the Tattered Cover in Denver has been rescheduled for THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13th, 7:30 PM, COLFAX AVE. LOCATION. This time, I plan to arrive in Denver a day in advance, and I will be at the store on that date and at that time, if I have to get there by dogsled! I hope you will all join me.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

10 Responses to TATTERED COVER BOOK EVENT RESCHEDULED

Shary Griffith Groat says: February 6, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Hi Jim, Wow, congratulations on all of your very successful books. I have read “1000 White Women” and “The Memory of Love”. I loved both. Can’t wait to read more of your books. It is fun to read your books because of knowing you. What a fabulous imagination you have. I am also impressed with amount of research you have had to do. Thank you for sharing your love affair with your audience. It is so poignant and so relateable. Was just in CO for Mike Strangs memorial. Sue Taylor Harris told me about your book. Wish I could be at your book signing. Sue will be there. Hope to see you sometime again. Keep writing and entertaining us. Love, Shary

Jim Fergus says: February 23, 2014 at 9:28 am

Hi Shary, nice to hear from you. I’m sorry to have missed you on your recent trip to Colorado, but it was great fun to see Sue at the Tattered Cover after all these years. Thanks for posting on my blog, and for your kind words about my work. Hope our paths cross again one of these days. Love, Jim

Mical Hutson says: February 6, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Just picked up your new book at the Colfax Tattered Cover tonight. I didn’t know it was coming out. Such a pleasant surprise! Congratulations!

Jim Fergus says: February 23, 2014 at 9:30 am

Hi Mical, so nice to hear from you. I didn’t have your email address or I’d have sent you an invitation to the TC reading. It would be fun to see you again. Hope you enjoy the new novel.

Marie Verdier says: February 7, 2014 at 5:12 am

I’m sorry not to be able to join you at the Tattered Cover in Denver on next February 13th…
Anyway, thank you, Jim Fergus, thank you very much for your books.
Chrysis, the last one, remembers me my mother who was also an art student in Paris nearly in the same period. In addition, I’ve been living in Dieppe, where Chrysis often went with her parents, until the age of 20…
But, I have to confess you that my favourite book is your Hunter’s road. It’s the one which communicates to me the most of energy for my painting and makes me dream about vast american landscapes that I would like to discover. One day perhaps !
I’ll never forget the pages when you and your philosophical dog become lost in the forest. Thank you for your sense of humour in that circumstances and so useful in our contemporary hard world.
If, by accident, you are travelling in France at the end of next summer, I inform you that in a small village named BAGES (close to Narbonne) there is a Marché d’art contemporain on the first sunday of september. I’ll participate in it, as a painter. Bages is for me the most beautiful place between mediterranean sea and Corbieres mountains, still protected from the Savage builders. Excuse my bad english !
Merci encore pour vos livres. J’attends le suivant avec impatience ! Bien cordialement à vous,
Marie Verdier

Jim Fergus says: February 23, 2014 at 9:42 am

Chère Marie,
Merci pour vos généreux commentaires à propos de mes livres. Je dois avouer que Espaces Sauvages est aussi mon préféré de mes bouquins. Merci aussi pour les infos concernant Bages. Je prévois passer plusieurs mois en France mois cet été / automne et je vais essayer d’assister à l’exposition d’art en Septembre.
Encore une fois, je vous remercie d’avoir pris le temps de m’écrire.
Bien cordialement à vous,

Dixie Lee Banks says: February 11, 2014 at 8:31 am

I just finished your One Thousand White Women and wore out more toilet paper for kleenex than imaginable but loved the story but wished a different ending. I will look for further books of yours and will pass them on to others.
I like the old west. A great relative of mine was with Custer’s unit and another relative was one of the original Texas Rangers I like any thing to do with the old west. My late husband said I was born in the wrong century because of my love of the old west. Keep up the good words and will look for your new book. I was also a cowgirl for a few year while in the Marine Corps. Have a lovely day and a good book signing.

Jim Fergus says: February 23, 2014 at 9:52 am

Hi Dixie, thanks for your post. Glad you enjoyed 1000WW. Although my new novel (The Memory of Love) is very different, there is a strong American cowboy character in the book (as well as a Cheyenne Indian character.) Given your interest in the old west, I think you may enjoy it! I appreciate you taking the time to write me.
Best regards,

Diane Morrison says: February 22, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I was handed your book “One Thousand White Women” last Wednesday night while Ski Patrolling at Buckhill Ski area in MN. Your book came highly recommended and I finished all 434 pages in one weekend. I throughly enjoyed your book. If you live in Colorado an interesting book you could consider in fiction is the story of the war brides. There are a number of older ladies in the southwest that are still alive that came over from Europe after WWII to find husbands and were the original mail order brides. Sincerely, Diane

Jim Fergus says: February 23, 2014 at 9:58 am

Hi Diane, I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed 1000WW, and thanks for the tip about war brides. Actually, that is a subject into which I’ve already done some research. Thanks for your post!
Best regards,